Thursday, March 11, 2010

1st trip to the dentist and GOOD news!

Brooks, Reese and Sloane went to their 1st appointment to the dentist this week. Steve was at work so I had to take them alone. Normally it is not an issue, but since this was a new place...and the fact that it was raining outside...well it was quite an adventure!

As expected, Brooks, Reese and Sloane all had different reactions to the dentist.

Reese would NOT allow anyone to look inside of her mouth! I had to sit in the chair and hold her, but she still would not open her mouth. We finally talked her into a brief teeth brushing with a promise to visit the "prize" drawer if she opened her mouth!

Here is the ONLY picture I managed to capture.....
Brooks was a little better, although he did not want his teeth cleaned with the electric cleaner. Instead, they were able to use a tooth brush.
Here he is with the dentist....I love his sunglasses!

Sloane LOVED the dentist! She even had her teeth cleaned with the electric cleaner! Sloane giggled during the cleaner which made it easier for the hygienist!

Reese waiting for her teeth X-rays...

Sloane...

Brooks....he was curious about the machine...

Some video of the appointment....mostly of Brooks and Sloane. Again, Reese was not happy to be there!

On a good note, Reese is officially a "panties girl"! Yes, this is the first week she has worn panties and had zero accidents! I am so proud of her, yet sad that my baby girl is growing up!

3 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

hooray for panties!!! and good news all around at the dentist. carly STILL won't let anyone near her and she FOUR! i'd say you have a pretty darn good record! :)

Dorinda said...

My girls have yet to be to the dentist - they won't see them till they're 5! So weird. Glad it went well for you - Kaitlyn is 9 and still hates the dentist :) Sorry, there my be no hope for Reese...

My girls have the same dress - it's so cute :) How's the job at Gymboree going?

Yea for panties! Rachel has finally joined Julianna in potty training - 2 down, 1 to go. It's a long process but I know it will be worth it in the end!!!! Good luck :)

Denise said...

Horray for the panties! Markas will only wear underwear but he is still pooping in them. I don't know how to get him to go on the potty. The other 2 aren't even remotely interested, although Josh peed on the potty the other day for the first time ever. I can't wait to get this over with. Potty training that is.

Glad the dentist visit went well. I have been taking my trio since they were a year old and they love going to see Dr. Steve. He is great with them so that helps.