Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A VERY long post

Well, Summer is in full swing and we have been busy! I know shocking....busy but having a blast! We finally got to play with our Quad friends......
Here we are.....7 children and 2 mommies.
Brooks, Reese and Sloane have been taking swim lessons. I thought these goggles might help with the swimming. They are not the best for keeping water out but they sure make a fashion statement!
Brooks...
Sloane...the water bug!


After each swim lesson, Brooks, Reese and Sloane wrap up in their robes and I take them through the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A for dinner!

The Trio LOVES to swim! I take them to the gym with me when I workout. One day, Sloane, Brooks and Reese discovered the pool at the gym and were very upset that I would not take them swimming! Here they are chanting "swimming Mommy...swimming!"
This summer, I signed up for a program called Kids Bowl Free. Each child can bowl 2 games a day Monday - Friday every week! We have been twice...so much fun! As soon as Brooks, Reese and Sloane got the system down...(and they learned to take turns instead of all throwing a bowling ball down the alley while Mommy had to go and retrieve them....) they had a blast! I could almost sit back and read a magazine....ha ha ha...almost!


Sloane, Brooks and Reese....my little bowlers.

Brooks rolling the ball.....

He bowled a STRIKE! Yea!!

Taking a break after my Strike...
Sloane and Reese striking a pose!

Some of our close friends (Tanya and John) threw a 1st birthday party for their son Jack Henry! Tanya and John are one set of god parents to the Trio....they helped us out quite a bit when the babies were first born. Here are Sloane, Brooks and Reese at the birthday party:


On Saturdays, we usually do something fun with Daddy (aka.. Steve)
Here we are out for lunch at Blue Goose Mexican....Brooks LOVES sour cream....he eats it with a spoon!

Eddie Coker happened to be in town for a free concert, and we got to meet him and sing with him. Here are Sloane and Brooks with Eddie:
One of my close friends, Melanie, met us at the Eddie Coker concert. She has twin girls: Madison and Sydney.


One Sunday evening, we decided to take Brooks, Reese and Sloane to a Rough Rider baseball game. Before the game, I caught Brooks wearing a pair of my shoes:

Sloane looking out onto the field....


Before the game, Sloane was asking to be in an animal sound contest on the field. Guess which animal?



Sloane on the field....she was the youngest child in the contest!

Me and the love of my life....

The Trio watching the game!



Our family after a fun night of baseball!!


The day after the baseball game, I took Brooks, Reese and Sloane to swim at our friends' house (Rebel and Philip). They have an amazing pool with waterfalls, etc.
After swimming, Brooks found a hat and decided to model...

3 comments:

kkldesigns said...

It was not really long, it was perfect! I loved this post!

Andrea said...

Y'all are always up to some fun adventure, and I'm always excited to see what it is!

Dorinda said...

My girls are loving swimming too! Julianna is even swimming without the help of any floatation devices! Keeping her head above water and everything - very cool and very scary at the same time :)

Looks like you're having a great summer - keep it up.