Wednesday, May 18, 2011

San Francisco and Mother's Day!

Steve had to attend a work conference in San Francisco so we decided to fly up and meet him for the weekend. I was nervous about this trip because I had not flown for 5 years and Brooks, Reese and Sloane had never been on an airplane.
Our hotel was across the street from Union Square. On each corner they have a heart...
Reese, Brooks and Sloane with the Golden Gate Bridge Heart:
While Steve was in his last meeting, I ventured the crowed city streets with the Trio. This made me very anxious since there are 3 children and I only have 2 hands! Luckily, we weaved in and out of the crowds and stubbled upon a Disney Store! Of course I had to buy each of them a treat. :)
That afternoon, we rode the trolley down to Fisherman's Wharf for lunch. The trio loved the ride!

Posing for a photo after our ride to lunch...
We ate lunch at a cute Italian restaurant with open windows. The weather was beautiful that day...
Later we walked past the Ripley's Believe It or Not...
A trip to San Francisco would not be complete without a visit to the Ghirardelli store for a fudge sundae!
The crookedest street in San Francisco
The next morning, we rented a car and drove out to the Golden Gate Bridge...

Brooks, Reese and Sloane could not stopping talking about the bridge!
Later, we drove up to Muir Woods to take a look at some BIG trees!
WOW...these tress are tall!
I wonder if the trees touch the sky?
Standing inside a hollow tree...


Tree hugger!
The trees were beautiful and enormous!

We spotted a deer eating literally 5 feet away!
Looking at the deer...

That afternoon, we ate lunch in Sausalito.
The view from our hotel window...
On Mother's Day, we walked around the city and spent a relaxing say in Union Square.
As always, we had an amazing trip as a family.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What an amazing trip! That has always been one of my dream vacations to do without kids, but you just made me want to take it with them instead!