Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3, 2006

July 3, 2006 is a day I will never forget!  It's the day Steve and I found out that we were going to be parents!  We had been trying to get pregnant for over a year and were beginning to lose hope that our wish would come true.
I had not been feeling well earlier that day, and we were trying to fly home from our trip to Florida.  I was so sick that I did not think I could get on the airplane without puking the entire flight back to Texas!  Luckily, I ate a big cheeseburger (something I didn't normally do) and that made me feel well enough to fly home.
That night, we watched a local fireworks show from a parking lot close to our home.  I started feeling sick again during the fireworks so after the show we came home.  Steve looked at me and said "maybe you are pregnant"?  After staring at each other for several minutes, we decided to take a home pregnancy test.
I remember waiting for the results and then being extremely nervous to look at the test!  Finally we counted to 3 and looked at the same time.....it was positive!  Steve and I hugged each other and both began to cry tears of joy!  Little did we know that we were going to be parents of triplets!

Positive pregnancy test!

Brooks, Reese & Sloane in the NICU just 3 weeks old

Brooks, Reese & Sloane at our last Texas Rangers game - 5 years old
This is just another Texas memory that I will always cherish!  The bathroom where I took the test and where Steve and I hugged and cried at the joy of becoming parents....will all soon be left behind.
We may be leaving our home, but we will take the memories with us...

No comments: