Monday, September 13, 2010

1st week of Preschool and a Trip to the Dentist

Brooks, Reese and Sloane have attended a Mothers' Day Out program for the past 2 years. This year, they are attending a preschool that is affiliated with the school district I used to work for both as a teacher and as an Assistant Principal.
Steve was able to attend Open House with the Trio and I to meet the teacher and visit the classroom.
Here is the circle time area: Reese and Brooks working in a center with their teacher.

Sloane working at the sand table.

The children have access to computers every day! Brooks, Sloane and Reese love them!

Reese and Sloane in the dramatic play area.

Play dough! I do NOT have play dough in our house so this was a treat!

Brooks

The 1st day of school, we had a torrential down poor in Dallas! No joke...it was more like swimming to school. Luckily, Brooks, Reese and Sloane had rain gear! I actually dropped them off and went to Target to buy myself a pair of rain boots. Five inches of rain fell that day, not to mention several tornado warnings that night! What a way to kick off preschool!


Taking off our rain coats and rain boots at school.
Sloane

Since it was raining on the 1st day of school, I took this picture on the 2nd day of school. Sloane was in a bad mood so she decided to turn around...thus why you see her back.

Off to the 2nd day of school with our preschool bags!

The 1st week of preschool was a success! Brooks, Reese and Sloane never wanted to leave when I came to pick them up! Not to mention, on the 1st day of school Reese gave me a hug and a kiss, Sloane just waved "bye Mommy" and when I asked Brooks for a hug he replied "No Thanks". Good to know the Trio is not afraid for me to leave them at school.

This week, we had our 2nd trip to the dentist. Brooks, Reese and Sloane all have good teeth and gums. I guess we are doing a good job of brushing their teeth...which is a daunting task times 3!
The Trio did much better this time when it came to allowing the hygienists to clean their teeth. All 3 of them sat still with their mouths wide open.
Here's Reese just before her cleaning...
Sloane...

Brooks was even a trooper with the teeth cleaning this time!

No comments: