Things have been so busy this summer I have not had time to blog!
From swimming, to dance camp to vacation Bible school and splash parks, Brooks, Reese and Sloane have had a full social calendar.
Steve was promoted to a new position at work, so we have not had as much time to spend with him due to his long work hours. We were very happy to finally have a week together away as a family.
This year, we drove to Destin, Florida. There were some concerns that the beaches would be affected by the oil spill...but to our surprise the beach was perfect!
This was our first trip to the beach with Brooks, Reese and Sloane so we were excited to see how they would react to the sand and ocean. The first words out of their mouths were "Squishy; tickles; lots of giggles about sand in between toes or toes disappearing in the sand.
Here is a picture just after Brooks, Reese and Sloane stepped onto the beach for the first time:

Digging and exploring in the sand

Reese building a sand castle

Sloane, Brooks and Reese

Reese striking a pose

Chillin' on the beach

We fed some seagulls...and what do you know, one of them pooped on me!

Sitting at the bar with Daddy....3 root beers please!

Beach!

Sloane has such fair skin...we had to slather her in sunscreen several times

Brooks

I had to have some crab legs while we were in Florida....they were amazing!



















3 comments:
Candace, these were the greatest shots I have seen for a vacation. The girls are old pros when it comes to photos, but Brooks is the funniest thing in these shots. I saw him and was like, I want one just like him. Then I remembered I have two :-). Thanks so much for sharing your vacation. Something I can't have right now.
Thanks for sharing! It looks like you all had a lot of fun! I am totally jealous of the beach vacation. :) No vacation for us this year due to daddy's health problems. :(
Maybe next year but in the mean time I am enjoying living vicariously through my friends. :)
Wow, you have a beautiful family, I am so jealous of your beach trip. We had one planned but the oil messed it up :( Love your blog, just ran across it reading my friend who has multiples blog!
Post a Comment